Friday, January 04, 2008

New years resolution




My new years resolution is to sew things for the girls before I buy. Lets see how good I can be. I decided Abby needed some new PJ's but have not quite got there yet because I got side tracked by another outfit I had already cut out. I thought while the overlocker was black I might as well use it! I have never made something that frustrated me as much as this little cross over top, try as I might I could not finish the side edges so that they were inside each other and with just a little hole to slipstitch closed. So I cheated and did a normal side seam and overlocked it in very closely. It does the job but man am I annoyed it beat me. A friend has already completed this pattern numerous times so I am off to her place with the next one to get lessons on that step! I will not let the darn thing beat me. Anyway as you can see my model (although very cute lol) was not too accommodating so I only got a rear view and a very close up to show it off thus far. I am impressed by how well it fitted and am in the middle of cutting out two more sets in various fabrics and I have just cut out the hat to sew matching the first outfit. Now after all that here are the photos!

4 comments:

Cass said...

Looks great. Can't believe how big Abby is getting

Kylie said...

Oh look at that face - arn't kids the funniest little things - BTW - I love the fabric and she looks very cute in it!

Kerry said...

I love the fabric it looks gorgeous.

Abby has gotten so big

Kerry

Kris said...

Very pretty.